Job Title : Business Administration Apprentice - Commercial & Operations
Employer : Grant Palmer Ltd
Location : Flitwick, Bedfordshire, MK45 5BP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Administration - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11034
Vacancy Short Description : We are looking for an Apprentice Administrator who will support the directors in a variety of areas. During the apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to develop your personal skills and get experience in a successful local business.
Qualifications Required : 3 GCSE's grade A*-C (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
Vacancy Full Description : We are looking for an Apprentice Administrator who will support the directors in a variety of areas. You will provide administrative support to the directors in the areas of service delivery and business development. During the apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to develop your personal skills and get experience in a successful local business, whilst making a positive contribution to our success.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Supporting duty managers with preparation of staff rosters, and holiday planning
• Maintaining fleet records, including monitoring fuel consumption
• Handling customer enquiries by phone and email
• Providing general administrative support for the directors
• Supporting service marketing and publicity
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
• Enthusiasm to succeed and desire to make a difference
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to present yourself well in a customer facing role
• Good IT skills
• Capability to work both in a team and individually
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a successful local business. Free local bus travel will also be provided to the successful applicant.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 35 hrs pw - 8am to 4pm - Monday to Friday
Salary : £175.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/04/2017
Possible Start Date : 22/05/2017
Personal Qualities : • Capability to get on well with people, and to develop professional relationships
• Ability to represent the business well in a customer facing role
• Attention to detail and desire to make a positive contribution
Skills Required : • Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• Capability to work in a team or individually
• Good IT Skills including MS Word and Excel
• Able to handle data with precision and to maintain accurate records
Future Prospects : Our objective is to recruit and train people with the desire and capability to tak up a long term role in this successful business, with further opportunities for training, development and influence after completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Business & Administration City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
Functional Skills in English and Maths
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team if they meet the initial criteria as part of the recruitment process
Things to consider : Grant Palmer is a fast moving small business, meeting the needs to thousands of individual customers every day. You need to be patient and flexible to fit in.
The map below shows the employer's location