Job Title : Bedford College: Apprentice Centre Administrator for Shuttleworth Campus
Employer : Bedford College Professional Services (Shuttleworth)
Location : Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 9DX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Administration - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11050
Vacancy Short Description : Bedford College are looking for an Apprentice Centre Administrator to be based over at our Shuttleworth Site assisting with telephone enquiries and visitors providing excellent customer service at all times.
Qualifications Required : Candidates must hold A*-C in GCSE Maths and English or a Level 2 equivalent
Vacancy Full Description : Bedford College are looking for an Apprentice Centre Administrator to be based over at our Shuttleworth Site assisting with telephone enquiries and visitors providing excellent customer service at all times. Your role will be varied and will require to learn about the land based courses available to customers as well as using the various systems.
Your day to day activities will be:
1. To assist with telephone enquiries and visitors to College Reception, creating good customer relations, being polite and helpful at all times;
2. To provide administrative support to the programme area staff, in particular the Land & Environment, Short Course and Apprenticeship teams, including minute taking, data entry (EBS, CRM, OneFile, work placement records etc) and updating of course files;
3. To be responsible for the ordering of resources, stationery and equipment necessary for the routine function of all programme areas, ensuring that stationery supplies are replenished as required;
4. To assist in the provision of a reprographics service to all staff and maintain photocopying requirements on a day to day basis;
5. To be responsible for handling and record keeping for cash/cheque/card payments made via College reception;
6. To assist with the administration of study trips/tours, booking transport and venues where necessary;
7. To assist with the input and upkeep of the staff/student vehicle database and the issuing of parking permits;
8. To assist with the ordering and distribution of student clothing and workwear;
9. To assist with the organisation/administration of events, Open Days, Parents Evenings etc.
10. To undertake any other associated duties assigned by senior managers as appropriate.
To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and for raising any concerns in line with College procedures.
• Equality and Diversity
To be responsible for promoting equality and diversity in line with College procedures.
• Health and Safety
To be responsible for following health and safety requirements in line with College policy and procedures.
• Training and development
To participate proactively in training and development including qualification development required in the job role.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hrs pw Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/05/2017
Possible Start Date : 19/06/2017
Personal Qualities : The successful candidate will need to be:
Polite and well mannered
Willing to learn and develop
Well organised and punctual
Able to work well as a team as well as working independently once trained
Skills Required : Some experience of working in a reception, secretarial or administrative based role
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Experience of producing a variety of business documents using Word and Excel
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner
Ability to wok calmly and effectively with challenging customers and face to face situations
Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high quality documentation that is grammatically correct and spell checked
Future Prospects : This apprenticeship will allow you develop a range of transferable skills recognised in a business administrative or clerical position which will help you to build your career.
Training to be Provided : Business & Administration City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
Functional Skills in English and Maths
Functional Skills in ICT.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team if they meet the initial criteria as part of the recruitment process.
Please ensure that you are able to commute to Bedford College, Shuttleworth Site before applying.
Things to consider : Your salary will be calculated according to the National Minimum Wage for your age group. The advertised salary is for under 18s
The map below shows the employer's location