Job Title : Quality Assurance Engineering Apprentice
Employer : SMC Pneumatics (UK) Ltd
Location : Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK8 0AN
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Engineering Manufacture - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11076
Vacancy Short Description : As a Quality Assurance Engineering Apprentice you will be responsible for the processing and physical calibration of hand tools and arranging sub-contact calibration of hard gauges working alongside our team of expert Quality Engineers.
Qualifications Required : Candidates must hold or be predicted A*-D in Maths, English and Science (4-9) or hold a Level 1 equivalent
Vacancy Full Description : As a Quality Assurance Engineering Apprentice you will be responsible for the processing and physical calibration of hand tools and arranging sub-contact calibration of hard gauges working alongside our team of expert Quality Engineers.
You will be given supported and trained in the following:
To be responsible for the processing and physical calibration of hand tools, and arranging sub-contract calibration of hard gauges.
• To work with the Quality Engineers to ensure all measuring devices are calibrated.
• To carry out quality checks as required in accordance with established procedures on production equipment and inspection equipment.
• To be able to carry out all calibration functions to a high standard
• To identify from the recall system the items needing calibration.
• To calibrate the equipment deemed internal calibration, this involves locating items calibrating the item, then either updating the record on Entropy or adding a new record for the product, then reissuing the product.
• To process External calibration, this involves locating items getting pricing, updating Movex, raising purchase requisitions for authorisation, sending the items out to the relevant supplier. On receipt checking the certification, either updating the record on Entropy or adding a new record for the product, then reissuing the product.
• To maintain the calibration system.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5hrs Mon-Fri 8am - 4pm
Salary : £250.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 02/07/2017
Possible Start Date : 17/07/2017
Personal Qualities : We are looking for someone who has an interest in Engineering who is willing to learn and work hard, you must also have good communication skills and be able to work well as a team.
Skills Required : The ideal candidate will
Have good problem solving skills
Have high level attention to detail
Be a fast learner who is always keen to develop further
Future Prospects : To become a fully qualified Quality Assurance Engineer
Training to be Provided : The candidates will receive training on all the machines used in the company’s products, namely Capstan and normal lathes, vertical milling m/c, horizontal borer, Brake press, CNC milling machine, Drilling m/c TIG welding, paint spraying and the infrastructure with working these machines.
Namely, setting, Insert changing, sharpening drills etc.
During the course you will study three mandatory core units and a choice of three PEO engineering practical units in one of nine job-specific pathways. These pathways will cover machining, CNC machining, fitting and assembly, fabrication and welding, mechanical or electrical maintenance or electrical/electronic engineering. This is a Level 2 Engineering qualification in Improving Operational Performance following Framework FR03639
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team if they meet the initial criteria as part of the recruitment process.
The map below shows the employer's location