Job Title : Apprentice Administrator
Employer : Home Instead Senior Care
Location : Wootton, Bedfordshire, MK43 9JB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Professional Administration - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11161
Vacancy Short Description : As an Apprentice Administrator you will be expected to perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties. As well as answering phones, undertaking administrative tasks; which may include updating information on our computer software.
Qualifications Required : GCSE A -C English and Mathematics, predicted 4-9 or a Level 2 equivalent
Vacancy Full Description : As an Apprentice Administrator you will be expected to perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties. As well as answering phones, undertaking administrative tasks; which may include updating information on our computer software.
• Handle office responsibilities
• Answer each incoming call in a friendly professional and knowledgeable manner.
• Field new client enquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and schedule service calls
• Assist with paperwork involved in hiring of new Caregivers
• Assist with billing processing, including client invoices and Caregiver payroll.
• Enter new Caregivers and maintain existing Caregivers in the Home Instead Software.
• Communicate client and Caregiver concerns or problems with Director and Care Manager.
• Assist with networking and promoting the business.
- Assist with making reference calls on prospective Caregivers in a timely manner
- Process criminal record checks
- Field employment enquiries from prospective Caregivers and arrange application process as needed.
- Participate in quarterly Caregiver meetings
- Provide admin support to the training courses
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm. 37.5 hrs
Salary : £161.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/11/2017
Possible Start Date : 13/11/2017
Personal Qualities : Reliable and trustworthy individual with a positive outlook. Friendly with a willingness to learn. A good team player who is adaptable and able to work in a team as well as alone.
Skills Required : Excellent organisational skills
Excellent communication skills, some business acumen.
Reasonable computer skills
Social media skills
Reasonable mathematical skills
Confidentiality is very important
Trustworthy and reliable
Good English as correct spelling is important
Ability to motivate and engage with others
A good work ethic and a team player
Future Prospects : The aim is to train the administrator with a view to taking on permanently if they are successful in their role.
Training to be Provided : Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 2
Functional Skills English and Maths
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team if they meet the initial criteria as part of the recruitment process.
Things to consider : Please note that the administrator will be working from our Wootton office.
The map below shows the employer's location