Job Title : Business Administration Apprenticeship
Employer : Bedford Borough Council
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 1HJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Professional Administration - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Other
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11185
Vacancy Short Description : To support delivery of the day-to-day services of the Jobs Hub with front-of-house duties including meeting and greeting clients as well as administrative work. To assist the Economic Development Unit, including dealing with general enquiries and research
Qualifications Required : Must have 4 GCSE’s at grade A* - C or 9-5 including Maths & English (or a level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship, or Principles of Business & Administration level 2 certificate)
Vacancy Full Description : To support the day to day services of the Jobs Hub within the Economic Development Unit, in accordance with the policies, strategies and direction approved of the Council, including the delivery of a range of services, which includes:
• Providing a ‘meet and greet’ role to welcome customers and visitors to the Jobs Hub, including registering, general advice and booking appointments;
• Providing support to clients, which may include supporting customers with a computer based activity, e.g. on-line job application form
• Proactively marketing the Jobs Hub Project and the Employment & Skills service across the Borough.
• Providing administrative support to the Jobs Hub team and Economic Development Manager (Employment & Skills),
• Assisting with collection and analysis of labour market information to produce employment and skills related reports.
• Supporting the Economic Development Unit with enquiries, events and activities when appropriate; and
• Acting as an Apprentice Ambassador to encourage potential new Apprentices and businesses that may be considering Apprenticeships.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (37 hours)
Salary : £143.19 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/08/2017
Possible Start Date : 11/09/2017
Personal Qualities : Interest in local economic development issues, including employment and skills.
Must have a commitment to respecting and valuing equality and diversity
Skills Required : Experience of delivering customer services
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Well organised and able to prioritise a wide range of diverse tasks to meet deadlines, whilst remaining calm and customer focused
Future Prospects : Opportunity to apply for internal vacancies within Bedford Borough Council with training opportunities that support career progression.
Training to be Provided : • The post holder will receive an agreed training and development programme and will be mentored by the Jobs Hub Project Manager.
• The post holder will develop a wide range of economic development and customer service related skills by interacting with businesses; these will assist in the delivery of the economic development team’s service.
Other Information : The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices
£6.70 per hour (if aged over 21 years)
£5.30 per hour (if aged 18 – 20 years)
£3.87 per hour (if under 18 years but above the compulsory school age)
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team if they meet the initial criteria as part of the recruitment process.
Things to consider : •The role is predominantly based at the Jobs Hub, Bedford but there will be a requirement to work from other locations including Borough Hall and at Bedford i-Kan in the town centre, as well as Bedford i-Lab on Priory Business Park, all within an office based environment.
• This varied role may incur occasional instances when there is a requirement to work early mornings, evenings or weekends as meeting and events calendar entails.
The map below shows the employer's location