Job Title : Apprentice ICT Technician
Employer : Ousedale School
Location : Newport Pagnell, Bedfordshire, MK16 0BJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals - Higher Apprenticeship
Sector : Computing
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11219
Vacancy Short Description : Our IT are looking for an enthusiastic person to work as part of the ICT Support Team providing support to all staff and students as necessary. You will work with PCs, laptops, centralised printing system, website and social media.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-5, including English and maths.
Vacancy Full Description : Our IT are looking for an enthusiastic person to work as part of the ICT Support Team providing support to all staff and students as necessary. You will work with PCs, laptops, centralised printing system, website and social media.
• First line user support and training for workstations, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
• To check and maintain the school’s ICT resource for safe, effective use by students and staff.
• To support staff and student use of ICT within the classroom when required
• Maintaining user accounts in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
• Maintenance of desktop PCs and laptops, including building, configuring, updating and deploying hardware to users.
• Maintenance and support of centralised printing system.
• Ensuring that IT and acceptable use policies are adhered to.
• Liaising with suppliers and external providers when required.
• Troubleshooting PC, wired and wireless LAN problems.
• Troubleshooting and configuration of AV equipment including projectors and speakers.
• Deployment of new software applications and updates to existing software packages.
• Documenting and keeping accurate records of systems and assets.
• To escalate support calls to the ICT Network Manager in a timely fashion to ensure effective and efficient service desk call resolution.
• Accurate recording of support call resolution on IT service desk system.
• Detect, diagnose and resolve PC, peripheral and application errors.
• Follow school ICT system maintenance procedures.
• Follow school backup, virus protection and security procedures.
• Assist with support for the school telephone system.
• Enrol students and staff on the school Biometric system in addition to providing support for the system.
• Photograph new staff for their ID badges.
• Take photos of events and download photos to the school system.
• Assist in identifying possible ICT requirements and solutions to further enhance the school ICT systems.
• Provide backup support for the school website and social media pages.
• Explore and develop further the applications used to increase communication with the wider world.
Health & Safety
• Follow relevant H&S procedures and raise awareness among staff, students and other users.
• The post holder will be expected to carry out such other duties as reasonably requested.
• Work as part of a team and adopt flexible working practices.
• Support relevant out of school learning activities, e.g. clubs and other activities within school guidelines.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37hrs pw Mon - Thurs 8:15am - 16:15pm Fri 8:15am-15.45pm
Salary : £240.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/09/2017
Possible Start Date : 02/10/2017
Personal Qualities : Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Ability to work as part of a team or independently;
Ability to remain calm under pressure;
Be flexible and supportive;
Have a positive personality and outlook on life.
Skills Required : Microsoft Office skills
Basic interest/knowledge of networking
Basic interest/knowledge of web browsers and internet technology
Basic interest/knowledge of software and security
Future Prospects : At the end of this apprenticeship there is an opportunity to join the IT team permanently as a fully qualified ICT Technician. Our current salary for this role starts at £18K +
Training to be Provided : ICT Professional Competence Level 3 Diploma
•ICT Systems & Principles for IT Professionals Level 3 Certificate
•Employment Rights and Responsibilities
•Functional Skills in English and Maths
•Functional Skills in ITC
Other Information : You will be based at our Newport Pagnell campus but will also work at Olney from time to time.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team if they meet the initial criteria as part of the recruitment process
Things to consider : This vacancy will be working in a school environment with both adults and young people.
The map below shows the employer's location