Job Title : Apprentice Office Administrator
Employer : The Shuttleworth Trust
Location : Nr Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 9EP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Professional Administration - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11249
Vacancy Short Description : This organisation are seeking an Office Administrator to providing general support to our events team throughout the year with the preparation of events and assistance with incoming enquiries.
Qualifications Required : GCSEs A-C (3-9) in English and Maths or equivalent
Vacancy Full Description : Office Administrator required for a friendly and busy events office, providing general support to our events team throughout the year with the preparation of events and assistance with incoming enquiries.
To assist the events team with all related event preparation administration.
- To speak with the general public both face to face and over the telephone.
- To assist with all incoming enquiries relating to events and bookings.
- To assist with telephone payments for event bookings.
- To provide reception cover at the House where required for accommodation, event and wedding guests.
- To communicate with all departments across a multi-site attraction to assist with the smooth running of events.
- To produce signage and other bespoke related documentation for individual events.
- To order stationary for the office where required
- To undertake all other associated tasks as required by the Office Manager.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Salary : £210.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/12/2017
Possible Start Date : 02/01/2018
Personal Qualities : We are seeking an employee who is polite and helpful. Whom also has an interest in the events industry.
Skills Required : Able to communicate on a professional level; over the phone and face to face.
Able to work independently and using own initiative.
Good communication skills
Future Prospects : Potential progression into other areas of the business, including but not limited to the Events team. Futher qualifications to be undertaken if willing.
Training to be Provided : Business & Administration City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
Functional Skills in English and Maths
Functional Skills in ICT.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeships Recruitment Team; if they meet the criteria as part of the application progress.
Things to consider : The Shuttleworth Trust is based in a rural area. It is a computer based organization with access to gardens.
The map below shows the employer's location