Job Title : Logistics & Warehouse Operative Apprentice
Employer : Blue Chip Group
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK44 3JZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Warehousing and Storage - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Logistics / Warehousing
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11352
Vacancy Short Description : To work with existing Logistics team to learn and gain practical experience in all aspects of the warehouse and logistics function.
Qualifications Required : GCSEs at Grade A-C 9-4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Vacancy Full Description : To work with existing Logistics team to learn and gain practical experience in all aspects of the warehouse and logistics function.
The apprenticeship will follow a detailed plan to include processes and practices in deliveries, dispatch, storage, stock control system, purchasing, logistic planning, media rotation, goods receiving and health and safety.
• Guided learning in all aspects of the Logistics and warehousing operations.
• Display a willingness to work as part of a team.
• Display and maintain a high level of customer service to both external and internal customers in line with Blue Chips values.
Key Learning areas
• Logistics and Transportation scheduling, planning and deliveries/collections
• Stock Control including maintaining records
• Media storage and scheduled rotation/secure storage
• Monitoring the flow of goods and materials
• Supply chain quality, costs and efficiency meets set standards
• Managing receipts, storage and dispatch of goods
• Developing relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
• Industry standards and compliance
• Use of warehouse equipment
• Recycling/customer data management
• Procurement and purchasing
• Health and safety
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5hrs pw Mon - Fri 9am - 17:30pm
Salary : £263.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/05/2018
Possible Start Date : 10/09/2018
Personal Qualities : Trustworthy and reliable
Willingness to learn and develop
Skills Required : Effective communication skills
PC literate to enable effective use of business applications
Excellent time management skills
Future Prospects : To reach full potential within Logistics and secure a permanent position upon completion of Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Warehousing & Storage Level 3 Certificate
•Employment Rights and Responsibilities
•Functional Skills in English and maths
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including: •Contribute to the provision of customer service in logistics operations
•Supervise the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods
•Provide leadership for your team in logistics operations
•Take responsibility for health, safety and security in your team
•You will also study a range of optional units dependent on your role.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Benefits from start date 25 days holidays (pro rata on start date)
On site gym
Use of Personal Trainers
Deep Tissue Sports Massage (1hr session)
Relaxing Massage (20 Min session)
Free eye test
£100 towards glasses for new prescription
Cycle to work Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Benefit after Probation 3 months
5% of basic salary contributed into pension fund
Private Medical Insurance (inc spouse/partner &
Income Protection Scheme
Tax Return Service
The map below shows the employer's location