Job Title : Administrator Apprentice
Employer : Bedford College Professional Services
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 9AH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Administration - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11354
Vacancy Short Description : The administrator will need to liaise with the Basic Skills Course Manager and assist with specific administrative tasks e.g setting up assessment dates, etc. and to assist the teams with a wide range of customer service and administrative activities.
Qualifications Required : You will need four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 including Maths and English or equivalent, appropriate to the Business & Administration apprenticeship framework. Or willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2
Vacancy Full Description : The administrator will need to liaise with the Basic Skills Course Manager and assist with specific administrative tasks e.g setting up assessment dates, etc. and to assist the teams with a wide range of customer service and administrative activities.
1. To assist the Centre Administrator to the Teaching & Learning Teams (Basic Skills, English for Speakers of Other Languages) consistently and effectively.
2. To liaise with the Basic Skills Course Manager and assist with specific administrative tasks eg setting up assessment dates, etc.
3. To assist the teams with a wide range of customer service and administrative activities.
4. To represent the teams positively as a first point of call by answering telephone enquires and/or welcoming visitors.
5. To assist with all aspects of administration, supporting the recruitment, induction, enrolment and on course activities.
6. To assist with communication to all central teams, Student Recruitment, Student Data, Exams, Finance, Reprographics, IT Services, Sales & Marketing and Human Resources and following the processes and procedures of those teams.
7. To maintain a variety of hard copy and computer records as required and in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
8. To produce an accurate range of professional business documents, to include minutes of meetings, letters, emails, texts and any other information such as documents used for audit purposes.
9. To maintain an effective and accurate filing system enabling others to be able to retrieve information easily.
10. To assist with the production of reports as required.
11. To maintain a database of staff absence and record/report sickness absence.
12. To be responsible for the collection and distribution of post, purchase of all printed forms, stationery and equipment necessary for the routine function of the programme area(s).
13. To undertake any other duties as appropriate assigned by the Centre Administrator, the Head of Department and the Centre Administration Manager.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40hrs pw Mon-Thurs 8:30am -5pm Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
Salary : £162.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/05/2018
Possible Start Date : 04/06/2018
Personal Qualities : To be the right person for this role you will need to be
- Good communication skills
- A forward thinker
- Self motivated
- Be able to work in a team and individually
- Be able to work to deadlines and under pressure
Skills Required : • Ability to be punctual and reliable consistently.
• Ability to present oneself professionally consistently.
• Ability to follow instructions and ask questions to check understanding.
• Ability to use emails and the Internet.
• Ability to manage a busy and varied workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to record data accurately and to produce well-presented reports.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to consistently demonstrate high levels of performance within a job role
• Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with a diverse range of students from various cultural/language backgrounds and all age groups, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
• Ability to make a positive team contribution, valuing colleagues’ particular professional expertise and respecting other members of the team as individuals
• Ability to work in line with our Values of
- High Performance
- Respect, Openness, Honesty
and explain how this relates to the job role
Ability to promote our outstanding reputation and carry out our business appropriately and professionally at all times
Future Prospects : The potential of a full time position at Bedford College.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
•Functional Skills in English and Maths
•Functional Skills in ICT
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
•Record and document production
•Planning and organisation
•Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : Your salary will be calculated according to the National Minimum Wage for your age group. The advertised salary is for 16 year olds.
An Enhanced DBS Check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : There will be occasions where you will be required to work College wide events such as Open Evenings.
The map below shows the employer's location