Job Title : Business Administration Apprentice
Employer : Spicer Consulting Ltd
Location : Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK43 9ND
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Professional Administration - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11370
Vacancy Short Description : We are currently looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice to specialise in purchasing electronic components and all the company needs.
Qualifications Required : A levels in Maths, English or Science at Grade D or above.
GCSE in Maths, English and Science at Level 5/Grade C or above.
Vacancy Full Description : We are currently looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice to specialise in purchasing electronic components and all the company needs.
We need someone to assist the Accounts Controller in all purchasing matters. You will:
• Retrieve quotes from suppliers
• Place purchase orders with suppliers, including non-stock items
• Ensure supplier has the latest drawing
• Match purchase invoices to stock received and check prices
• Liaise with suppliers to chase late deliveries
• Look around for alternative suppliers and find price deals
• Flag up impending component obsolescence to Engineers
• Liaise with staff to confirm non-stock purchases have arrived
• Suggest alternative sources for long lead time/obsolescent parts
• Monitor databases for open purchase orders
• Update database with manufacturer’s part number
• Complete a rotating stock take week by week
• Answer the phone
• Resolve queries with deliveries
We need someone who has good spoken and written communications, commercial awareness, strong analytical skills, and who can use Microsoft Excel, Word and Access. Training will be given where necessary.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 39hrs pw: Mon-Thur 08:30 to 17:00, Fri 08:30 - 16:00
Salary : £144.30 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 22/04/2018
Possible Start Date : 07/05/2018
Personal Qualities : Confident manner,
able to use initiative,
good communication skills.
Skills Required : Strong analytical skills,
ability to talk confidently to suppliers on the telephone,
good work ethic
Future Prospects : To become a full-time member of staff.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
•Functional Skills in English and Maths
•Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : Note that this vacancy is based in Stewartby. Allowance for start times will be given if you use public transport to get to work.
Pay may be at a higher rate, depending on ability and demonstrated skills. After 12 months, you will be eligible for the company bonus scheme. The
The map below shows the employer's location