Job Title : Telecoms Technical Support Engineer Apprentice
Employer : Sprint Convergence
Location : Silsoe, Bedfordshire, MK45 4HR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Other
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11372
Vacancy Short Description : Sprint Convergence are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our busy technical support team, handling queries and resolving faults. Sprint Convergence is a fast-growing telecommunications & Managed service provider,
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of three GCSEs at grades A*-D / 9-4 or Level 1 equivalent, ideally including English, maths, science and or a technical based subject such as engineering or product design.
Vacancy Full Description : Duties to include but not restricted to:
• Handling first line support tickets from receipt to resolution across our VoIP product range.
• Managing escalations to 2nd and 3rd line support for the above, by Liaising with Customer Service Teams and Carriers to resolve customer faults.
• Installing and configuring computer & telecoms hardware, operating systems and applications.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer/Telephone systems and networks.
• Talking staff & clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
• Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
• Working continuously on a task until completion.
• Prioritising and managing several open cases at any given time.
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
• Liaising directly with the Provisioning Coordinator to organise the bookings of the projects.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37hr pw Mon 9am - Thursday 5.30pm & Friday 9am & 5pm
Salary : £140.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/06/2018
Possible Start Date : 09/07/2018
Personal Qualities : You will be an organised and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working as part of a small team.
You will be supportive, professional and flexible.
You will have an eye for detail.
You will enjoy trouble shooting and risk management.
Skills Required : Experience with Gamma Horizon platform would be an advantage but is not essential as full training would be given.
• Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
• The ability to work well in a team and independently.
• The ability to prioritise your workload.
• Attention to detail.
• Pleasant telephone manner.
Future Prospects : The ideal candidate would be looking to progress through the support career path, or move in to deployment engineering; both of which are achievable within Sprint Convergence.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Performing Engineering Operations NVQ Level 2 Diploma (QCF) – with bias to match your chosen pathway
•Industrial Environment Awareness Level 2 Award in (QCF)
•English and maths Functional Skills
•Employee Rights & Responsibilities
•Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Other Information : The ideal candidate would be looking to progress through the support career path, or move in to deployment engineering; both of which are achievable within Sprint Convergence.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage
Things to consider : Your role will be office based on a computer.
The map below shows the employer's location