Job Title : Buyer Apprentice
Employer : Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd
Location : Millbrook, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Professional Administration - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office / HR
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11445
Vacancy Short Description : Are you interested in working within procurement and looking to gain a position within a well branded company? Millbrook are looking for an Apprentice Buyer to work within their Purchasing & Supply chain Department.
Qualifications Required : • 5 GCSE’s including the following subjects Maths, English and Science grades A* to C (9-4)
• AS or A-Level’s in STEM subjects grade A* to C
Vacancy Full Description : Are you interested in working within procurement and looking to gain a position within a well branded company? Millbrook are looking for an Apprentice Buyer to work within their Purchasing & Supply chain Department.
The Apprentice Buyer will primarily be working to assist and learn all aspects of procurement best practices in a fast paced environment. Key areas of focus will include Capital Expense (Capex) projects, specialist vehicle conversions components sourcing and Operational Expense (Opex) in support of the entire organisation.
The Apprentice Buyer (with the appropriate training and development) will support in all aspects of Purchasing including:
• Assisting with the sourcing of goods/services
• Analysing quotes to help identify the optimum position for Millbrook and learning how to develop sourcing recommendations as appropriate.
• Assisting with managing suppliers to review and renegotiate to optimise financial, delivery and quality gains
• Participating in various internal and external meetings
• Understanding and becoming competent with Millbrook’s procurement systems and processes (Internal procedures and Microsoft Dynamics)
• Supporting with the development of Requests for Quotations (RFQ)
• Understanding how to support supplier audits with focus on Business Continuity (ISO 22301:2012)
• Supporting with implementing opportunities for commercial and operational improvements to Opex spend
• Learning and understanding basic contractual terminology in order to mitigate risk, and support with implementing new supplier agreements
• Supporting and managing credit card based procurement, including the associated analysis
• Processing and engaging with suppliers for order placement
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40hrs pw Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
Salary : £300.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/07/2018
Possible Start Date : 03/09/2018
Personal Qualities : • Dedicated and enthusiastic individual, keen to excel in the role and organisation
• Works well as part of a small team
• Uses own initiative
• Flexible/Adaptable approach
Skills Required : • Confident communicator
• Excellent organisational skills
• Team player
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Analysing cost data and commercial advantages
• Analytical skills
• Financially literate
Future Prospects : The ideal candidate for this position will continue to progress to gain a full time position within Millbrook and become fully qualified.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
•Functional Skills in English and Maths
•Functional Skills in ICT
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
•Record and document production
•Planning and organisation
•Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : • Flexibility to travel as and when required,
• Full UK Driving license
• Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
Millbrook pay a competitive salary, the wage stated within this is subject to change dependent on the skills and experience on the individual candidates.
Things to consider : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
The map below shows the employer's location