Job Title : Office Administration Apprentice
Employer : Cambian Children Services
Location : Wilden, Bedfordshire, MK44 2PT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Administration - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference - : VAC-11724
Vacancy Short Description : This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation supporting administrative duties in a school setting.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of four GCSEs or equivalent A*-C / 9-4, including English and maths
Vacancy Full Description : This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation supporting administrative duties in a school setting. The provision supports students aged 7-19 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties, to gain important life skills, qualifications and confidence to support their journey towards independence.
We are looking to recruit a committed, empathetic and passionate Administrator that will be the first point of contact for parents, visitors, local authorities and will along with colleagues, deliver a model of positive behaviour support to empower our pupils.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for undertaking administrative and financial duties within the school
• Assisting with the scheduling of meetings and visits from support services.
• Communicate with external agencies and the Local Authority on behalf of the Head Teacher and other Senior Staff.
• Deal with enquiries and provide general support to staff
• Assisting with pupil welfare duties, e.g., helping to look after sick pupils whilst parents arrive/ liaising with families and staff.
• Organise school trips and events.
• Maintain information databases, both manual and computerised.
• Take notes/ minutes of meetings.
• Undertake HR duties such as staff recruitment and organising induction weeks
• Assist with planning, monitoring and evaluation of budgets.
• Attend and participate in regular training and meetings in school with support staff and in any additional or appropriate in service training days
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hrs p/w Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
Salary : £300.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 17/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 25/02/2019
Personal Qualities : • Friendly
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Fast learner
Skills Required : • Very good IT skills
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Good communication
• Multi task and manage time
Future Prospects : The potential of a permanent role in an expanding company.
Training to be Provided : You will gain the following qualifications:
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
•Functional Skills in English and Maths
•Functional Skills in ICT
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
•Record and document production
•Planning and organisation
•Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Things to consider : The role will have a variety of tasks, deadlines are critical, the students behaviours can be challenging. Successful applicants will be subject to a full-enhanced DBS check.
The map below shows the employer's location